All lawns need to be aerated annually. Bermuda and Zoysia lawns benefit from core aeration during spring and early summer. Both of these grass types are self germinating and do not require over seeding.
Fescue turf benefits from annual aeration AND over seeding every fall. Fescue does not self germinate, and requires aeration and seeding to replenish turf loss due to disease, heat, and drought stress.
Benefits of Aerating Your Lawn
- Better turf grass rooting
- Better seed germination (Fescue Turf)
- Helps increase thatch breakdown
- Improves air exchange between soil/atmosphere
- Increases fertilizer uptake and use
- Improves lawn’s drought tolerance and overall health
- Improves water uptake
- Reduces soil compaction
- Reduces water runoff
King GREEN offers a premier lawn aeration program in many areas, including the Georgia and North Carolina areas. If you are interested in our Georgia lawn care or North Carolina lawn care services, please contact us today.