Aeration and Seeding for Fescue Turf
King GREEN’s core aeration and over seeding re-establishes turf density lost from summer disease, heat stress, and drought conditions. King GREEN uses the finest turf-type tall Fescue seed available. As always, King GREEN guarantees your satisfaction and will return to “touch up” any thin or bare areas at your request. The core aeration and over seeding of your Fescue lawn will be completed sometime between September and early November.
It is very important for you to prepare your lawn for aeration and seeding.
- Mow the lawn to 1 – 1 1/2 inches
- Make sure to flag your sprinkler heads or invisible fences to avoid aerator damage
- Water the lawn as much as possible before we come to aerate. When the lawn is softer, we are able to pull much deeper plugs. This allows for better germination of the Fescue seed
After care is also important in order for the seeds to germinate properly
- Make sure each watering lasts at least 15 minutes in order to get a thorough soaking
- Fortunately, since aeration and seeding is considered a new landscape, you are permitted to water for 30 days following your aeration. After the 30 days, go back to the regular water regulations in your county.
- Water heavily for two to three weeks. After three weeks, decrease watering gradually
- Remember not to mow for at least 3 weeks after aeration is completed. When it is time to mow, make sure you have a clean, sharp blade